Arc supports schools, educators and students
Arc is pleased to partner with USGBC’s Center for Green Schools to provide data-driven tools for K-12 teachers, students, school facility staff and district managers, and support high-quality, relevant environmental and sustainability education.
By tracking green building performance, students can understand how green buildings impact their health and the environment, increase their sustainability literacy and find new ways to help reduce their school’s negative environmental impacts. Whether for a single school building or entire district, tracking green building performance helps you:
- Establish, track, and communicate sustainability goals;
- Identify areas for improvement;
- Engage students in data collection and analysis;
- Prepare for green building certification.
- Much more!
Arc turn schools into living laboratory where students can learn about science, technology, and mathematics concepts and collect, analyze, and score data about their school building.
Through the Arc + Schools Digital Playground, start exploring Arc for free to see how it can support student learning.
Any K-12 school can use Arc today
Arc is available for any school! Use the platform to track and benchmark your school's sustainability data today.
- LEED certified schools are automatically in Arc, and they have full access to use the platform for free.
- Any school – LEED certified or not – can get started in Arc today. Schools that are not LEED certified can take advantage of a 90-day free trial to track and score energy, water, and waste.
Every U.S. school has an account in Arc. To get started, find your school by simply typing its name in the platform.
Building Learners turns classrooms into learning laboratories
The Center for Green Schools' Building Learners program provides educational resources and hands-on support to turn classrooms into learning labs. The Building Learners program is offered through the Learning Lab sustainability education platform and helps teachers and students understand building benchmarking and use Arc to measure their school’s sustainability performance.